Re: eBay x-ray tubes Radium, Tritium (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:50:43 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: eBay x-ray tubes Radium, Tritium

Tritium gas "glow-in-the-dark" keyring holders and high end watches are
available on eBay. They are Beta emitters and very little radioactivity
escapes. It is detectable on my counter though.  Here's my key ring holder.
A radium watch dial is also shown which is now 70 years old. The phosphor is
almost invisible now but the counts are strong.
http://tesladownunder.com/Nuclear,%20X-ray.htm#Tritium
And the Tesla link? I also have counts on that page for a thoriated tungsten
rod that I use in my rotary spark gap.
Peter

snip