Re: Simple Filter Choke Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:31:33 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Simple Filter Choke Question (fwd)

Hello,

I have a simple question that I just can't find the answer to.  When
winding a multilayer high frequency choke, can different layers be wound
in opposing directions?  Like, if there were two layers, could the
bottom layer be wound on the cylinder core from left to right, and the
top layer be wound from right to left?  I'm not sure if this would
cancel the inductance or not.

Thanks a lot,
Chris"

	As long as the windings go in the same direction doesn't make any difference at all.  If it's a choke that's going to see high voltage you have to worry about the voltage between adjacent turns and winding the way you suggest increases that voltage because there are a lot of turns between the wires that fall on top of each other.

Ed