Re: Frequency splitting (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:16:26 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Frequency splitting (fwd)

Jared,

it has come to my attention that one expert on Pupman is now describing
the plasma arc from the secondary capacitor (topload) as changing the
frequency of the resonator due to dampening from the non linear
resistance of the arc which in turn is altering C and C'. This person is
tuning coils as if the dampening was really there.

Just playing.

I understand your theory and it's not a bad one. But, think for a
moment, do you "really" know that an arc does not have a capacitance?
What is your source for such a stout claim? From my understanding, an
arc absolutely contains a charge or various charges throughout various
regions of the arc channel and thus a capacity. If it didn't, there
would be no arc in the first place.

Your theory is interesting, but please don't use phrases like "it has
come to my attention that many experts....". That just sounds so damn
degrading! The fact is, sparks load down the coils frequency by a small
degree. Maybe from the spark itself or in your theory the dampening
effect. The "only" thing the so called experts are saying is that it
doesn't hurt to detune the coil for this frequency divergence.

BTW, I've never met an expert coiler. In my opinion, there is no such
thing as an expert coiler except maybe in ones own mind. There is
experience.

Take care,
Bart