Re: Frequency splitting (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:21:18 EDT
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Frequency splitting (fwd)

Very interesting,

Now if the rest of the world would just agree...

MDD

In a message dated 8/19/07 8:03:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Commentaries:

It has come to my attention that many  experts on Pupman are now describing
the plasma arc from the secondary  capacitor  as having a capacitance. They
are tuning coils as if the  capacitance was really there.

There is no such capacitance in the  arc. Capacitors do not increase
capacitance when they arc out. Arcs do not  have an ability to store charge.
Arcs  do not have plates nor can they  be described with a fixed geometry.

Nor can we describe an arc as  having an appreciable inductance. The geometry
is not much good for  inductance.

Nope!;  you are altering C or C'  to make up  for changes in frequency caused
by dampening. (dampening from  the non  linear resistance of the arc)

Empirical corrections are wonderful,  my hats off!  I am sure that a great
deal of effort was involved in  arriving at a useable correction factor. But
there is no capacitance in the  arc. There is only non linear resistance and
perhaps a tiny bit of  inductance.

Jared Dwarshuis  August  07