Re: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:57:51 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

Chris,
     After thinking about it, I believe Mr. Hanson is correct, it is a bug.
The pulses are from the spark gap lighting it up not the 60 HZ from the
streetlight, I disagree with Scott on one point however, the reason there
are several parallel identical images is because of multiple internal lenses
each having their own glare (did the camera have a telephoto lens? I don't
remember if you mentioned it).  If I had time I would replicate the
conditions using some of my Dads photography equipment and a spark gap (but
I start School in a few days, and I just got out of surgery today, and Mom
won't let me touch anything).  Some of the other pictures are clearly glare
from the streetlight, but the toroid is skewed as well, indicating that the
camera moved during the shot.  Your negative rendering of the picture shows
it is rock solid, as you can even see people in the background, not blurred
in the least.  If Chip would let me know the proper procedure, I will post
one of the ghost images I obtained with my small coil, which are clearly
glared streamers (green in color).  I wouldn't lose any sleep over this
though!
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)
>Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 06:41:06 -0600 (MDT)

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!