Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:07:21 -0700
From: huil888 <huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mysterious Streamers - Mystery Solved - Additional photographic
   proof

Initially, I was sure that a gas-discharge street lamp bulb had too much thermal mass to create the distinct dots of light seen in the "traces". I just did not believe that the red-hot inner quartz tube used in most of these lamps could cool enough between AC cycles to create the dot effect.

Accordingly, to obtain my "own" proof, I found a location where I could "pan" my digital camera and capture both a gas-discharge street lamp and a conventional incandescent lamp in the same frame.

The results are extremely clear; the gas-discharge street lamp created the string-of-dots effect, the incandescent lamp left an uninterrupted solid line. Apparently, the pulsing plasma is much brighter than any hot glowing parts of the bulb.

If Chip can post the image somewhere, it should convince even the most skeptical.

Regards,
Scott Hanson