[TCML] SRSG propeller style

Hello all,

I am progressing nicely on my coil project. Today I gave the srsg a "dry" run across the nst. It is a 120 bps propeller type. I utilized a 2A 350 cycle variac (sound familiar?) for the phase control for the motor I was able to obtain, a 40W oriental salient pole (probably familiar as well). Oddly enough, I had to use 20MFD phase shift capacitor. I believe it is due to the inductance
of the variac.

When I tested the gap, I found that it began to fire about 2500 v. stationary. I started the motor and tested the timing and found that the gap began to fire at about 3800 v, timing about 30 % variac scale, not much advance at less than 30 % variac scale (as far as "pre-lighting" the gap). Past 30 % variac scale I could draw the spark about 30 degrees.

Does this sound about right?

Thanks
Marko