Re: [TCML] Matching analog panel meters

On Dec 13, 2007, at 4:55 PM, Drake Schutt wrote:

Yea, if you have access to a scanner, or even a camera really, you just need to put it in some sort of picture editing software and change the numbers. then just print it out and put it over the original label. I don't really know much about the electrical part, because it seems to me that pushing 200
amps through a 1-5 amp scale is a bad idea.

You use an external current shunt (if you have a volt meter) or current
transformer made for the purpose. Shunts don't isolate, but are relatively cheap. Transformers offer voltage isolation from teh circuit being measured,
but cost more, unless you luck into one with the right ratio on eBay.

examples:
http://tinyurl.com/29lkur
http://tinyurl.com/2448ut

My apologies if you already know this...

 if you need me to, i could
probably help you out since i'm less than a 30 minute drive.

Hey, where-ever two or more coilers are within driving distance of each other,
isn't it mandatory to form a club or something?  ;)

 - Gomez