RE: [TCML] Pictures of my Tesla Coil

Put a sharp wire off your toroid when tuning especially at low power.
Then, using a variac slowly bring it up to 40% and adjust the primary
taps.  Sometimes you will start with only a few inches of spark and then
it gets longer and longer as you tune turn by turn.  When close, then go
back and do 1/2 turn increments within the final turn, and then down to
1/4 turn increments.

Many times, if using a toroid and no breakout point during tuning you
don't have enough voltage to cause a breakout, especially with smaller
coils.  When you are finished doing all the tuning, and bring the variac
up to 100% power then you will get the breakout off the bare toroid.

When the best tap point on the pri is selected, then try raising your sec
coil using small 1 inch high wood blocks to adjust your coeff. of
coupling.  This will effect your spark output.  Then go to 1/2 inch blocks
when you find the right inch.  This usually gives you another inch or two
of spark length.

Dr. Resonance