RE: High Copper Cost - was: [TCML] Refurbished Coil

Hi all,
the cost of copper affect everybody. I am also a ham radio guy , a popular antenna for 2-meter (146MHz), is a J-Pole made from copper tubing, I build them for my friends now using EMT , I will still make one from copper but the price is twice as much. My question to the group, what about the left over short pieces of alum covered coax used for cable TV. What do they do with pieces to short to go between poles?? They would be more than enough for a primary.

Rich , from the middle of Missouri

Kd0zz