Re: Laser guided Tesla Coil

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/13/2007 2:48:26 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>
>

> > Has anyone done any experements to see if a laser beam will conduct
> > high voltage?
>     I haven't.  Its been done by 'professionals'

Is there any chance that the low powered lasers (e.g., laser pointers et al) would have sufficient effect to help guide a Tesla Coil strike?

I don't have a working TC at the moment. I guess what I'm asking is, would someone be willing to put one of these puppies on top of their coil and just see what happens? It's a "probably nothing" but it sure would be interesting if something happened.

 -- thank you,

   Dave Small