Re: Duty cycle of OBIT?

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> Just because the application has low duty cycle, doesnt mean the
> transformer is not robust.  I would think knowing how its built could
> shed some lite on this.  Is the xformer packed in tar?? or open air,
> etc.  I dont have any experience with these so I just wonder :-))
    The one's I have enciountered ar packed in tar, like
    some NST's.  These are older ones.  Last time I had my
    burner serviced, tech said:
       I've never seen one that old.

    To be exact, i have not studiedout the new burner: it may be
    cycling the ignition, as others have noted.  Older OBIT's ran
    'continuously'.  Both sorts did exist, at one time.

    best
     dwp