From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 3:03 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Old Popular Electronic Magazine

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I remember an old magazine artical from about 30 years ago.  The
power company put a megawatt power line across this guys
property.  The guy built some type device to capture power from the
power line.  The power line being the primary coil and the guys
device being the secondary coil sorta speak.   The power company took
the guy to court claiming he was stealing power.  Testimony from the
power company said, power lines loose power out into the air all the
time and there is no way to stop it and no way to know how much is
being lost.  The guys testified that if the power company is loosing
power all the time he should have a right to recover as much of it as
he can.  Since the power company could not prove the guy was actually
stealing power the court ruled the guy was not guilty of stealing anything.

The power line being 0 turns of a transformer how could anyone steal
power from it?

I know Tesla claimed or thought he could transmit power long
distances with no wires so how is that possible?

My Tesla Coil will light up a floriscent light bulb from across the
room, it will set off motion detector lights for a block away, it
will set off security alarm systems for 4 blocks, it will screw up
every TV set in the neighbor hood but thats about all it does.  I
saved all the bad floriscent light bulbs that were replaced in the
light fixtures at work and my TC will still light them all up.   I
stuck about 100 used floriscent light bulbs in the yard in a circle
around my TC and they all light up.  It was cool.