Re: Dan Williams' coils...

Original poster: Dan Williams <coilerdude@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanx Brett!

My 813 coil is almost ready for first light. All I need to finish up is the grid circuit and the tank cap.

The coil is made of wood, lexan and plastic. It uses a rewound MOT for 10.2 V to the filament, a MOT for plate current, most of the caps are Micas I have had forever.

I am needing an 813, if anyone has one I would be willing to trade, I have lots of stuff. I unfortunately broke my only tube and traded my other two before I got serious about building my VTTC.

I will update my pix as soon as I come up with some web space.

Dan

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Brett Miller

All,

My friend Dan wanted me to post a few pics detailing
his progress with various projects. He is temporarily
without regular internet access, so he has not been
able to make regular posts to the list. He has just
started coiling this year, but has already gotten some
decent results. His first coil was OBIT powered, with
an 11.5" winding length of (I believe) awg 26 or 28.
In the picture, the OBIT coil is making sparks
exceeding the winding length at 15".

He then upgraded to a 12/60 (and a 4.5" secondary) and
I believe is currently getting 38" sparks. In the
pictures sparks are a bit shorter due to a lack of
fine tuning on the primary tap. I think he was
borrowing one of my TCBOR static gaps for the pics as
well.

Also, in the folder is a picture of a mockup composed
of some of the parts which will eventually comprise
his 813 vttc. In fact, he has made considerable
progress since that picture was taken. More
later...here is the link the directory I have made for
him. Once of these days I'll make a nice web site
like Steve Ward, Greg Hunter, et. all....

http://www.hot-streamer.com/brett/misc/dan_williams_coils

Cheers,

-Brett

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

Don't get soaked. Take a<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail> quick peak at the forecast with the<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Yahoo! Search weather shortcut.