Re: synchronous gap help (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:20:22 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: synchronous gap help (fwd)

Scott, all,

I would ere toward too large than too small, too. However, I'm
not so sure that you're local welder's supply shop will have 1/4"
diameter tungsten electrode rods on hand, as this is a quite a spe-
cialty item that sees little use in common welding. I obtained some
1/4" tungsten rods before from an online welder's supply through
mail order, but  I had to purchase an entire container of (10) 7" lg.
rods and they had to be backordered and imported from Germany.
IIRC, they cost me around $115, but that was a few years ago be-
fore the spike in the commodity prices of copper and tungsten. Check
out ebay item # 320136339908 (Ebay seller "Metallectric"). This
seller is selling tungsten round stock in various diameters up to 1"
at the standard $4.89/ounce. I have not personally purchased any
from this seller yet but his feedback profile shows 100% + feedback,
so he should be safe to deal with.

David Rieben