Re: Measuring HV capacitor voltage (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:29:51 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Measuring HV capacitor voltage (fwd)

Hi Bart,

Yes, a high voltage probe that plugs directly into your DVM
is the most convinient way to measure HV. I do already have
one of these and was using it to try to calibrate my "attempts"
at a voltage divider. However, I need a more permanent panel
mount meter for measuring the voltage across my huge quar-
ter shrinker caps so that I don't overvolt them. I'd really ra-
ther not have to be sticking that probe by hand onto the
"hot" terminal of a fully charged 20 kJ capacitor bank each
tiem that I charge them up ;^() I need a safer and more per-
manent hardwired metering setup.

David Rieben