Re: variable inductor primary tuning (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:22:35 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: variable inductor primary tuning (fwd)

Hi Scott,

As long as you can vary the inductance in the tank circuit, the tuning
will change. You could use an off-axis inductance, but you may also want
to consider a dual-layer primary. If you made the connection from the
lower primary to upper primary adjustable (up and down), you could vary
the inductance by positioning the height between the two primary's.
Another benefit is the primary would be more compact.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/2layer/duallayer.html

Take care,
Bart