Re: coil form idea (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:24:40 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: coil form idea (fwd)

Hi Drake,

Kind of did something like this. That sonotube coil I was talking about
in the other post, well, it was retired and divided into a few sections.
One of these sections I removed the inside of the cardboard, however,
water didn't help much in my case due to the internal coating. I
literally had to find the layered cardboard sections and simply pull and
tear out the cardboard (sounds harder than it actually was). The end
result was a coil held together with only the coating. This made the
coil rather flimsy. You could easily squeeze it and deform it (but it
always sprung right back into shape).

This coil was used for dielectric testing only. But my thought here is
that it's doable, but you would have to use some other type of form for
a topload (unless the topload is something that doesn't weight much).

Take care,
Bart