Re: Wiring two 15KV 240V/50Hz Transformers in Series for use with 110V (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:48:23 +0800
From: westland <westland@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wiring two 15KV 240V/50Hz Transformers in Series for use with 110V
    (fwd)

Gary:

Thanks so much for the insight.  I would never have known this.  Is
there a particular reason for having a tap in the middle of the secondary?

I suppose I could grab 230v off of the mains, but my setup is less than
1KVA, so I probably will just buy a step up transformer here (they are
much cheaper here) and put it in with the transformers.  Or maybe just
buy some new transformers when I'm in the US

Thanks again

Chris