RE: Dielectric oil for a new capacitor (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:00:52 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Dielectric oil for a new capacitor (fwd)

Hi Dave, Skip, all,

Ouch! $84 for 5 gallons of transformer oil? Maybe I'm just out
of touch with the current prices of dielectric oil but I purchased a
5 galon bucket pail of Shell DialaX transformer/dielectric oil from
my local Shell oil supplier a couple of years ago for about $30. I
realize that petroleum prices have gone up considerably since then,
but at nearly a threefold price increase, that price still seems a bit
disproportionately inflated to me. Has dielectric oil gone up that much
or did I just get a real good deal !?

David Rieben