Re: 15kVA 12.6kV pole pig (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:44:07 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 15kVA  12.6kV pole pig (fwd)

Hi Tim,

You can series two 1156 variacs and run them at 240 volts input
at the same 50 amps. 1256 variacs are just like 1156 units except
that each 1256 variac is rated at 240 volts input instead of 120 volts
like an 1156. From what I can tell by looking closely at these 1156/
1256 series Powerstats  they are basically identical. They ap-
pear to be wound with 2 parallel coils of wire around the core. In
the 120 volt rated 1156, the 2 coils are paralleled and in a 1256, the
2 coils are seriesed.

David Rieben