Re: How to wind a simple Pancake Coil in less than an hour... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:34:30 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to wind a simple Pancake Coil in less than an hour... (fwd)

Hi Jeff,

>300 turns of 26 AWG.  I'm not sure of the operating frequency, only just
>stumbled upon the nice Java calc that Bart has on his site.  (Wow!!!).  I'm
>behind in the times for sure, and will enjoy figuring out all of the
>technical details even though I'm doing it after the fact...

Ah, so you found Javatc. Well, since your working with flat coils, I
think I better send you the same zip file I sent Dave. It can do rim
grounded flat coils (meaning you can enter your outer dimension into
radius 1 and height 1) without getting an input error. There is a
difference in frequency between a rim grounded flat coil vs a center
grounded flat coil.

I'll send the zip file your way.

Take care,
Bart

BTW, if anyone else is doing flat coils and uses Javatc, let me know
(off-line) and I'll email the zip file to you. At some point in the
"near" future, I'll get this to the online version as a standard feature.