Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:22:51 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

Hi Jonathon,

>Points for improvement have been noted, however.  When adjusting the SRSG, I
>keep getting longer and longer streamers, but then the safety gaps start
>firing.

How are you adjusting the SRSG? Is it phase adjustment your talking
about? What type & size electrodes are you using for your safety gap and
what is the total gap width?

>  I believe I have them set too conservatively far in.  I think I
>will open them up some.

Could be. But, it's best to let us know the specs of the cap voltage and
gap before increasing gaps. Oh yes, it will work, but is it the right
thing to do or is something else the cause.

I'm just asking questions here (I don't like guessing at solutions).

Take care,
Bart