Re: grounding miscellaneous stuff (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:15:28 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: grounding miscellaneous stuff (fwd)

Hi Bart,

I noticed you stated that you hook one of the "ears" of your double
bushing pole pig AND the case to RF ground. In my pole pig coil, I
also hook one of the ears to RF ground, but I hook the case of the
pig to the mains ground. I'm not sure which is best, but I do know
that w/ a double eared pig, the case is completely electrically isolated
from either end of the HV winding of the transformer, so you can run
the RF/mains ground in the way that I do it and keep them properly
seperated. I suppose it's a matter of preference. You are absolutely
correct about the control panel surfaces shocking you if you do not
keep the RF ground seperated from it, though.

David Rieben