Re: grounding miscellaneous stuff (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:40:03 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: grounding miscellaneous stuff (fwd)

Hi David,

When I started the 1 ear at RF ground connection, periodically I would
get a good shock at the case. At some point, I just decided to end mains
at the case and haven't been shocked since, so there I've stayed. With
one of the horns at RF ground, I don't want a potential difference issue
between RF ground and mains ground inside the pig which is what I
thought was happening (could have been simply me [but lets not go down
that thread]). That was my reasoning at the time. The pig doesn't seem
to mind. I probably should retest that situation a little better through
measurement.

I agree that keeping the pig case at mains is the safest connection. It
may have been my RF ground (poor grounding) that may be part of why. I
should also measure that. It's pretty dry where my RF ground is located
(it's covered in a big slab of cement). See, now you got me thinking
about it (way to go!). I'm probably going to be drilling a water hole
next <grin>. My particular RF ground was designed for convenience, not
quality.

Take care,
Bart