Re: Toroids

Original poster: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dave,

Here is the corona spraying off the top terminal with the balls just below breakout with the balls way too high...

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/BallTest-3.JPG

The spray was very even and nice as expected in such a case. The balls really do have a very toroid like field pattern.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/newcoil-00.jpg

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/newcoil-01.jpg

The balls are mounted by tubes that can slide in and out an a spider frame to adjust major diameter:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/BigSpheres.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/TerminalTuning.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/TerminalTuning.gif

Waterscapes, Krupps,... I hope we are not killing these venders with giant orders like we did with MMCs and IGBTs ;-))) I think Krupp's is out of bare stainless steel balls now too =:O I sure am glade "I" get mine "first" ;-)))

BTW - The new PIRANHA site is pretty much back all "rearranged" now... It took me "all day" (I am not good at web page stuff...) Sorry, but I think I killed the old links in this thread...

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/

Hopefully this will be a more well thought out and stable site... I hardly wrote anything down for the OLTC... Probably wrote "too much" down for PIRANHA... But the new site should be easily maintainable and extendable even for "me" :-p

I should try to make an index of the pictures next...

BBTW - Here are my 4 inch and 8 inch big dryer duct top terminals now :o))))

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/OldDryerDuctTerminals.JPG

Cheers,

        Terry