Re: FROM HAL - Starfish Spinner... Reply to Bart

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hal,
I was impressed with your spinner. I don't know if it would or not, but since raising the spinner didn't change the angle much, perhaps a spinner with a larger 'diameter' than the toroid's would improve that. Just a thought.
Mike

Original poster: "The Krohns" <2halice@xxxxxxx>

Hi Bart,

As shown in my second video
(http://www.halice.com/physics/4coil/spin2.wmv),
I took DC's advice and raised the spinner about 20" above the toroid.
It
definitely improved the angle of the streamers but they were still
being
deflected away from the toroid and the height didn't seem to improve
the
maximum RPM.  I haven't seen the spinner in the dark at its improved
elevation.  I'm going to go out right now and check it out.  If it's
impressive enough, I'll make a another video.

Cordially, Hal in Tucson

TV dinner still cooling?
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49979/*http://tv.yahoo.com/>Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.