From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 5:37 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: Xfmrs

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

If you just want something that's more than an NST but
less than a pig, 120 volts input, small enough to
carry/roll around easily, consider a PT:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/pt_14.4kV_1.5kVA_1.jpg

There's one on eBay right now for $25, but it's 7,200
volts. You prolly want 14,400. They can be found for
$100 or less. I just got two 25 kV PT's for free!

And if you're thinking a PT ain't got what it takes,
based on a post several years ago, I believe this was
fed by a PT:

http://hot-streamer.com/pool/GARAGE~1.JPG

If you just want to build a mini-pig then go for it.
But if you want portability, I doubt you'll be able to
get something as powerful, small, light as a PT.

Adam

 > Original poster: "Anthony R. Mollner"
 > <penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 > My goal would be to design a transformer at 120 volt
 > / 15 amp input. The 240
 > volt lines are such a hassle to set up when moving
 > the Tesla coil around and
 > it would be beneficial to me to make a xfmr that
 > would be as potent as is
 > obtainable from a wall socket. I work at a sheet
 > metal shop so I should be
 > able to have the core sheets punched out to any
 > dimensions that I decide to
 > design. Maybe some one out there might be interested
 > in teaming up on this?

________
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.