IGBT switching speed / resonant switching...

Original poster: "Rajesh Seenivasan" <rajeshkvs@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear forum members,

Can anyone tell me how to calculate at the maximum switching speed for IGBT modules? I understand that the turn on and turn off time limits the switching speed. and the switching frequency will improve a lot by utilizing resonant switching or zero current switching.
Consider the following IGBT for example:
BSM75GB120DN2 (or any 1200V, 100A IGBT bricks from Powerex or any other manufacturer) Can they be used in a half bridge and switched at frequencies 75KHz to 100KHz to generate square waves at 600V to 700V and current draw between 30A to 50A (less than half of the continuous current specification in datasheet) ?

Thanks and regards,
Raj.

Latest updates from the world of sports http://content.msn.co.in/Sports/Default