RE: The ideal DC coil power supply? RE: RE: Xfmrs

Hello Steve, Jim, et al,

I just received my transformer ferrite "C" Cores. That took quite awhile
(since you first posted this schematic of the Geek forum). Big dudes! In the
mean while, I repotted a 12/30ma France and with half the shunts knocked out
and its making 60 ma! It is very well repotted in a combination of white
petroleum jelly, paraffin, and sealed with a higher melting point candle
wax. The LV and HV are connected to small pass-throughs on a lexan top. Its
fairly light but definitely "old school".

I'm waiting for a few more door knob caps for a full wave C-W quadrupler.

I'll post to the groups how well it conditions the big caps and the charge
time.

It will be a while before I get to your very cool charging circuit. I have
been working on a 3 phase diesel generator plant.

Regards,
Jim Mora