From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:00 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: France unpotting progress. 12 and 15 60s

Original poster: "Jack King" <ekklekktikk@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If you still want that xray tranny - it would be
an ideal time to ship all items in one crate -
sending neon transformers alone can cost $30 or
so ea in shipping (via fedex or ups)  - but -
parking a couple of them in a crate with a 300 lb
transformer would maybe blip up the truck freight bill by $5-10 bux...

Let me know - Im still eager to make some space and share my treasure trove

Jack

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: France unpotting progress. 12 and 15 60s
>Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:57:28 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Jim Mora" <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hi Jack,
>
>I could make use of the 12 or 15/60. The broken horns are irrelevant as I
>found repotting in the original tank simply too messy of a clean up job.
One
>of these with my full wave quadrupler should charge the big discharge caps
>(4.1uf, 50KV)x 2 in parallel (they won't ever see more than 30-40kv)for a
>wire exploding demo.
>
>I have been charge testing with a 1uf, 30KV Maxwell. The discharge
>electrodes are to be 2" solid brass dowels, pneumatically driven.
>
>Regards,
>Jim Mora

Now
> >the resistance is equal and substantially higher. This is a circa mid
90's
> >France transformer... so beware:-^)
> >
> >I'll snap a couple of pictures before I button it up and put em up on my
> >Google blog. Internally, it is very straight forward.
> >
> >I'll take out half the shunts as advised and mind the short circuit
current
> >which will be high with the giant caps I'm trying to charge. The voltage
> >full wave Cockcroft/Walton quadrupler is awaiting the France. As
mentioned
> >it works great with a healthy, newish transformer.
> >
> >Jim Mora
> >
> >I have a ferro - resonant dual C core almost this size for a 100Khz
charger
> >project as well; but, I'm still "stuck in the sixties". And most of us
like
> >taking things apart and a long time ago playing in the mud!

>Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a
>month. Intro*Terms
>https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&searc
>=mortgage_text_links_88_h27f6&disc=y&vers=743&s=4056&p=5117

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and
more..then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01