Re: Moderator requests input on "Wireless Power Transfer"

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I agree completely with Matt, let's keep this list on
the subjects of math, science, physics, engineering,
carpentry, electrical, and even plumbing, when they
are discussed in the context of how to build, operate,
and optimize a coil.

The only exception would be if someone actually "did"
something with their coil and wanted to share their
results, I think that would be OK. We talk about
spinners, though they don't help us build or
understand our coils. And Peter's car anti-theft video
is OT as far as I'm concerned. Heck, we even allowed
that Angel Freak to be discussed.

Recently, someone decided that many topics that used
to be "tolerated" here during the "slow season",
should be moved to the HV list. Given a choice of
discussing "wireless power transfer" or other high
voltage experimentation, I'd much rather see topics
such as lifters, high energy cap discharge
experiments, rail guns, etc. discussed here. They
often encounter and overcome problems that may help
our coiling efforts.

Adam

<http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>AOL.com.

The fish are biting.