[Fwd: received photo's]

Gentlemen MMC experts:

I'm passing along this note from a friend of mine who is building some 137 kHz transmitters at a power level of a few hundred watts and is looking for the best capacitors to tune the tank circuits. The peak voltage is of the order of 200 volts and the capacitance range is of the order of 0.01 to 0.03 ufd. He has been using some WIMA polypropylene capacitors and having life problems and I suggested it would be worth checking CDE. Unfortunately I haven't been following the MMC discussion here as I haven't any immediate plans for same. Anyone have any comments on his questions? The WIMA "flat pack" style he's been using is very convenient but not if they keep failing!

Thanks for any help,

Ed

I also checked the CDE caps and found what I think are the best for the transmitter; the CDE 941C series looks like it would work very well. I also looked up WIMA at www.wima.com and was trying to compare the WIMA MKP10 series to the CDE 941C, but I am having trouble with the WIMA ESR ratings on similar capacitors. If you get a second could you tell me what you think of the WIMA caps as compared to the 941C's? I like the WIMA packaging as it is easy to plug a cap into the screw-down board terminals, no cutters or pliers required!-Dave