Re: maxwell pulse cap.

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I had a 35kV .03uF Maxwell that I used in my 3.5" coil
for some time.  Worked great.  Never leaked a drop of
oil until the day it blew up.  Then, of course, all
the oil leaked out fairly rapidly! :-P  Any kind of
leakage must certainly *not* be normal, as there's not
much in there to begin with, and as soon as the level
drops to where the guts are exposed to air, it's all
over!  Sinking in oil might save it.  I've never
learned what kind of adhesives hold back oil, but
perhaps somebody will chime in with some experience
there...

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE