Re: flat coil & tesla theory

Hi Jim,

TC theory is certainly interesting. I wrote up (literally paraphrased) an email that Bert Hickman wrote to the TCML simply explaining the basics. Bert's communication skills are excellent and makes it easy for all of us to comprehend. I was so impressed with this particular post, I simply threw it together in a pdf many years ago. What I added was very little and actually unnecessary in hind sight. The meat of the subject is all Bert Hickman. This type of question comes up now and then on the list and at that time, I just thought it would be good to reference the post.

http://www.classictesla.com/download/tctc.pdf

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Jim <branley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Awesome:
Great pics of your flat coil, good luck.
I am still in awe of tesla coil theory. The book on tesla by pbs explained it to a small degree. the waves bouncing back and forth sometimes meet up and fit perfectly together to create a powerful wave with so much energy it practically explodes off of the coil.

Jim