Re: The MTSG Metlicka Triggered Gap... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The MTSG Metlicka Triggered Gap... (fwd)

Bart,

<SNIP>

> However, for a TSG to replace an RSG? I don't think
> so. The TSG falls
> under the same power issues of any static gap.
>
> Take care,
> Bart

Thank you for the elaborate response.  Also, I'd like
to thank John Freau for his excellent reply as well.

In other words at high power levels, proper quenching
is just as difficult (or nearly so) to achieve as any
static gap.  So the larger gap spacing and fan wasn't
sufficient (in your tests) to provide equal quenching
as the SRSG?

I was on the list during the time Ted Rosenburg wrote
the pdf and also when Marc originally designed the
gap.  However, I had apparently forgotten about the
phase controller that you and John mentioned.
Interesting.

-Brett

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.