Re: Ignition coil tesla (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:22:52 +0000
From: James Howells <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ignition coil tesla (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]
SIMON
 I am certain that your driver circuit is not working
Please check your spam box for off list e-mails I have sent you so you
can check the circuit with a speaker or peizo electric sounder
Also for a much simpler driver circuit I have sent you
I strongly recommend you look at the
http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/DIY_Devices/homemade_tesla_coil.htm
for information
A good ignition coil driver is at rftechnologies.org   High  Voltage
Coil Driver
Or or just Google  Ignition coil drivers - you will see lots there some
with only one transistor and some with more to increase the current
handling.

Prior to attaching your TESLA circuit the Ignition coil should be giving
a spark of  5 - 25 mm long
Take the INSULATED ( original cable) from the HV centre connection and
spark down to one of the primary + or _ connections

If there is no spark there then the driver or the coil is not working
If you connect a speaker or piezo electric sounder to the last
transistor base and ground you should get a squeal if the driver is working
(  if you have one, use a 50 ohm speaker - if you only have a 8 ohm one
you may need to put a 5- 500 ohm resister in the line)

--
Protected by www.SpamJab.com {UgzndUInruKjv2Cy9r}