RE: [RE]mains filter (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:31:07 +0000
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RE]mains filter (fwd)

In your schematic, it appears that the filter case is not connected to
anything.  This is wrong - the case needs to be connected to your mains
ground wire.  Without the case-ground connection, the filter cannot
attenuate common-mode RF, which I suspect is the dominant mode present.

My EMI filter thoughts and schematics may be found at
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/emifilter.htm

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA