Re: [TCML] flourescent light trick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Bogard" <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:22 PM
Subject: [TCML] flourescent light trick

Hey all,
I noticed an interesting thing last time I ran my 6-in coil. When I use a breakout point, touching a fluorescent tube to the ground made it lite up very dim, as compared to held in the air. alternatively, when I did not use a breakout point, the tube would light up much brighter if one end was touched to the ground. if you were more than 15 feet or so away from the coil, it would not light at all (which makes sense). Why is there such a difference between using a breakout point? Thanks.

Scott Bogard.

A even better trick is to put 1 "spare" toroid close to the secondary coil. (but not close enough that it arcs to it) place another "spare" toroid a couple of meters away, suspend both in free air (on a large bucket or something) then run a 25watt mains lamp between the 2 toroids. The bulb will light up bright! though it is not as good as connecting 1 end of the lamp to ground, you can light 100watt lamps that way.

One thing I noticed with flu-tubes, that if you walk away from the coil slowly, it goes dim, but just before it goes out totally the light alternates inside the tube, such as 1" on, 1" off.. all the way up the tube.. always thought that was pretty neat! never understood why it would light up alternate inches in the tube though!

Chris