[TCML] Tesla Coil Help

hello all,

can anyone help me with my coil problems,
i built a small 1" coil and it is only making thin wispy 3/4
inch sparks, yet I'm putting about 30W into
the thing. i don't know if the PVC pipe i used in the
secondary is absorbing all the power (its 1" dia.,
with about 2.5 mm thick walls, bit too much plastic) or from
overcoupling. here are the specs:

Secondary: 1" x 3", about 500 turns, 38ish gauge wire
Primary: helical, 14 turns (2 layers) 20 Amp electrical
wire, 2" dia.x1" high
Tank Cap: .42nF MMC
Topload: 12mm x 40mm foil coated wooden toroid
Power: 10kv induction coil, running at 230Hz
Gap: 4 round head bolts, spaced so they just fire
Runs at about 2.5MHz

any help would be a great help, thanks