RE: [TCML] Tesla Coil Help

30 Watts is a pretty small amount of power - I'm not sure that too much more can be expected from it.  I'm sure that the PVC pipe is not absorbing any significant amount of power.  Overcoupling is usually evident with racing sparks along the secondary.  Undercoupling can certainly compromise performance.

How high is the primary voltage?  Gap losses increase with number of segments.  You may want to try a single parallel copper pipe gap.

What kind of wire is the primary wound with?  As the operating frequency is relatively high, it's probably more important than ever to use solid (not stranded) wire and very short, direct connections.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA