Re: [TCML] Thunderbird email filters

Thunderbird filtering is pretty easy. Here's what I did.

Create a directory called TCML as a top level directory.

In Thunderbird, click on the top level account (usually your email address). This will bring up the page for settings for the account. At the bottom of the main page is an area called "Advanced Features". Click on "manage message filters" to bring up the dialog.

When the dialog appears, click "New". Another dialog appears for the filter assignments. Give the filter a name like "TCML".

Make sure the filter is set to look in the "subject" line and is set for "contains". Then type in "[TCML]" in the next box. Make sure the check box for "Match all of the following" is checked. Now, set the action. My action is "Move messages to" then browse to the directory you want the messages to move to (in that top level TCML directory).

Then after you download new messages, go up to the "Tools" menu and click "Run Filters on Folder". This will move all messages in your inbox to the new TCML directory and leave all the other spam untouched. Works for me.

Take care,
Bart

Chip Atkinson wrote:
I found this on Google for people who are having trouble with Thunderbird:

http://opensourcearticles.com/articles/introduction_to_thunderbird_7

Maybe it'll help with the new list format.

Chip