Parallel mismatched NSTs with a variac? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:45:20 -0700
From: Jon Danniken <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Parallel mismatched NSTs with a variac?

Hello,

I have two modified NSTs, one a 12/120, the other a 15/120.  I would like to
put the 15kV unit on a variac, such that its maximum output will be 12kV,
and parallel its output with the 12kV unit.

I would then put the primary of the 12kV unit in series with the variac
attached to the 15kV unit, and run them both off of a seperate 240VAC
variac.

Will this "derating" of the 15kV to 12kV allow me to parallel the outputs of
the two transformers?

Thanks for any tips on this,

Jon