Re: [TCML] new spark gap

Looks good. Conductivity of the wood could be an issue particularly if it is at all damp, but that could easily be fixed by using a piece of cheap HDPE kitchen chopping board instead of the fiberboard. Also, the steel angles are fine for mechanical connections but don't use them to conduct electricity. The steel will waste a lot of energy and heat up rapidly if subjected to RF Tesla tank currents. So try to make the electrical connections directly to the copper pipe.

Henry

Thomas Ryckmans wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to have your thoughts on my new spark gap (image 6)

http://www.pupman.com/current/tryckmans/index.html

for a small coil running on a 6kV 50 mA NST

Many thanks!

Thomas

Or here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Thomas.Ryckmans/TeslaStuff/photo#518513727854380