Re: [TCML] new spark gap

Ed Phillips wrote:
Thomas Ryckmans wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to have your thoughts on my new spark gap (image 6)

http://www.pupman.com/current/tryckmans/index.html

for a small coil running on a 6kV 50 mA NST

Many thanks!

Thomas

Interesting design allowing easy alignment of cylinders and adjustment of gap! Haven't seen one like that before. I'd have made it more compact by making the angles pieces somewhat smaller and less heavy but yours should work fine and principle is sound.

Ed

My pipe gap uses 3 pieces arranged in a triangle. Two of the pieces (to which the wires attach) are fixed, and only the third one needs to be adjustable.