[TCML] MMC for 4 mot SRGTC

I am putting together a 6" coil with 4 MOT power supply and a 120 bps sync rotary gap.  I would like to run the mots wide open (no ballast). I estimated 8400 V .5A for the transformer output. For the MMC, JavaTC is saying I need .4117uf for LTR! That seems huge to me. I have 60 of the 942's for 5 strings of 12 right now, and I planned on doubling that to get to .1249uf before I get it up and running, but that is still less than resonant. I could probably swing another 84 caps to get to 12 x 12 for a just about resonant cap, but 336 more caps for the .4117uf value is a little out of my price range right now. Is it so important to run larger than resonant cap with a mot driven srg coil? The mots are under oil, if that matters. Any suggestions?