Re: [TCML] Optimizing coil performance

Hi David,

I wrote:

Hi David,

Also, you didn't mention what you were using for your top
load. The size and shape of your top load can have a signifi-
cant affect on overall performance. With the available power that you have, I would go for a very large to toroid to maxi-
mize this effect. Check out my big coil at:
http://dawntreader.net/hvgroup/david/gm.html

Please disregard as I obviously didn't read your original post closely enough, as you did state:

Toroid:      8" x 24"
Fres:     ~100kHz

But in retrospect, I would try retuning it with a larger toroid,
maybe something along the lines of 10 x 36 or 10 x 40. That
would likely give you a notable increase in both spark length
and thickness, since you would have hte available power.

David Rieben