Re: [TCML] Still poor performance

Certainly we can't see the coil, but the builder has provided important
clues.

If he is not using MMC type caps, that could definitely be a problem.

No, it's not really rocket science  --- just an observation I made based on
the information provided and my 49 hrs experience as a coil builder.

After reviewing all the changes he has made, the only remaining problem area
would be the spark gap.

Nicholas could test this theory in three ways:

Use a shop type air blowgun to blast some high pressure air thru the gap.

or

Substitute a parallel copper pipe which would provide better quenching.

or

Use a simple to construct and very cheap hyperbaric spark gap.  Most vac.
cleaner repair shops would donate an old one for a science project.

I'm better either would produce substantial gains in his coil.

Nicholas --- please advise on your results.

Dr. Resonance