Re: [TCML] OBIT and LTR capacitor

The center tap is ignored --- same as with a neon type xmfr.

Using Erms x 2.5  = 8 kV x 2.5 = 20 kV   a perfect match for your MMC.  2.5
will insure long life for your capacitors.

I use an LTR value of 1.3 x resonant value.  Some experimenters use 1.6 but
I find this makes the discharge with less than
full energy --- the sparks are more "individual" in nature.  Using 1.3 makes
the sparks "dance" around the toroid
in an interesting pattern and they appear more "vigorus".  Difficult to
define but definitely noticeable in operation.

Dr. Resonance