Re: [TCML] OBIT and LTR capacitor

We to answer your question simply... this is totally normal as capacitors are
NORMALLY rated for DC not AC... typically a capacitor is rated 2.5-3x more
for DC as the stress of the dielectric on AC is that much more.. there are other factors that determine this. I don't have that much expertise to explain it.. i'll take a stab at it anyways.
As you know AC has a peak and valley type waveform and alternates (at a given frequency) this translates into warming

--- Anyone else? Is this overly simple... I bet there is a formula somewhere.

age of 20kV DC using